Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Tale of Two Birthdays...

...And their cakes and cookies! 
So, my princess niece turned 7 this month.  I'm always pretty excited about it because I get to do a cake with matching cookies.  Last year, I made quite the cake for a 6 year old's birthday party.  (You can see it here.)  
This year, we decided on butterflies.  The week before the party, she asked me everyday if I was working on her cookies and cake.  I think she was excited.
And rightfully so!  What seven year old wouldn't be excited about these?!
She loved them, to say the least. 
After I thought I was done icing it, Bonnie asked me if I could put a "7" somewhere on it...after a bit of debate, the sevens ended up on the side with the flowers.  I think it worked!
I enjoy the creative freedom I always have when doing her cake and cookies!

At Carlee Anne's party, I snagged another order of cake with matching cookies.  Suh-weet!  The mom said she knew I was good at the girly stuff, but could I whip something up for her 7 year old son....of course I can!!  Especially since it was golf themed.
If I can't do golf themed stuff, I should move out of Augusta!

Hope Ethan had fun at Putt Putt!!
As always, I love doing matching cake and cookies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment