Sunday, May 9, 2010

For My Mom, Ma, Mom-sicles...

Mother's deserve so much more than one day a year to honor them with cards and cookies.  They are the reason you and I are alive.  I, personally, owe so much to my mother.  She has always been my biggest cheerleader, like any good mother should be.  In my lifetime, she has encouraged me, motivated me, defended me, loved me, challenged me, and currently, she misses me (she told me so when I talked to her today).  Growing up, she cooked breakfast for us every morning (pancakes on Saturdays!) and had dinner on the table every night.  She has put up with my father for nearly 38 years (haha, love ya, dad!), mothered 4 children, and is the most amazing Grammy to 7 grand-children.  My mom is probably the sweetest person I know.  She always has something good to say, no matter the situation.  She is also incredibly beautiful and a wonderful piano player and teacher.  We have so much fun when we're together, and I miss hanging out with her like crazy!  I feel so incredibly blessed that my mom and I have such a good relationship, my only complaint is that we're 3 1/2 hours away from each other.  (And in the same breath, I'm thankful that we're in the same state!) 
So, on this day, and every day, Mom, I love you.

Ps.  I had a super busy week that I'll be telling you about soon! 

1 comment:

  1. did you by chance take any pics of the Ms Katherine cookies...she absolutely LOVED them and they were all boxed up I didn't want to mess with it to sneak a peek...

    ReplyDelete