Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas kept me busy!

I did lots of fun things over the holidays and thought I'd share a few.

First, there was my nephew's 15th birthday. He said he just wanted cookies, but how can you have a birthday party without a birthday cake? So, I made him a little one and stacked the cookies like a tiered cake.



His mom liked it so much she ordered the same kind of deal for a Christmas party she was catering. She requested a Christmas tree cake with stocking and wreath cookies. I had never made any of those things before, but I wasn't going to let that stop me!





I loved the cake so much I wanted to make another one. So, I made a slightly bigger one and experimented with a brown sugar pound cake and a caramel-pecan filling. I took it to the family Christmas extravaganza. And everyone was glad I did!



I also took some of my gingerbread cookies, which happen to be my favorite.


Next, I baked and iced 297 cookies for my sister's neighbors and my friends back home. Packaged in cookie jars with red and green ribbon, they were the perfect gift!





Think about a jar full of cookies for your next gift giving need - hostess gift, new baby, birthday, thank you. I'll personalize it to fit your need!
(PS - You can click on the photos to make them bigger.)

No comments:

Post a Comment